St Vincent de Paul volunteering opportunity:
Brothers Jeff Morgenstern, Stan Balemba and Stephen Henderson (our Insurance Representative) now volunteer every third Wednesday of each month from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm at St. Vincent de Paul, http://www.svdpkingston.com/home.html
They report the experience as uplifting and worthy of further consideration by other Knights and or members of our parish.
If interested in also volunteering please contact our Grand Knight or Stephen Henderson as posted on the About or Contact pages of this site.
Habitat for Humanity:
Br. Dave Tudin in cooperation with Br. Chris Catry will be asking for members to volunteer for a “Building Day” Saturday on a local construction site. This will lead to the team receiving media publicity which would be further enhanced with a contribution of $ 2,000.
Those with a handy hammer or paint brush or inclination to use their construction skills under professional guidance are invited to contact Br. Dave Tudin at 613-544-6859 for added information.
Highlights of August 1, 2017 General Meeting of Council 11670
- Called at 7:35 pm following the Initiation of the Executives and followed by a decade of the Rosary
- Our new Chaplain, Fr. James Quirk (Father James) on his first day at St. Joseph’s expressed pleasure to be with us and to participate in the works of the Knights
- The Minutes of July 4, 2017 were approved as read and amended
- The Recruiting Director, Brother Dwight Neddow, reports no new members for this meeting yet indicated he was working on some 20 potential individuals with the recently completed Summary of last year’s activities proving of use in informing them of what we are about
- The Grand Knight, Brother Jeff Morgenstern reported that the July 30th farewell for Father Francis went well (as Brothers Frank Cuvelier and Roger Audet presented on our behalf a travelling Mass kit); the budget for 2017/18 will be presented at the September meeting
- Brother Jim Classen, the Financial Secretary, advised that the semi-annual report will be mailed August 2nd
- Brother Ben Krasna, Director of Culture for Life reported a successful March for Life last May in Ottawa with a number of our members in attendance
- Brother Val Dumais as Team Captain advised that a 2nd degree is planned for Sunday September 10th at 2:00 pm (this conflicts with our parish Mass at the cemetery) a 1st degree at St. Joseph’s will be held Tuesday September 26th next
- Brother Wayne Primeau, Director for Billboards, reports that due to the posting error last May our September Recruitment Billboard, on behalf of both Districts 20 and 93, should be posted for an additional week or more that he will monitor
- Brother Frank Cuvelier, Director of the Bingo program reports:
- Brother Lou Saulnier will now be responsible for ongoing scheduling of the 16 trained members while he will look after the administrative aspects
- The January to July 2018 schedule is being submitted with recommended days of Monday and Wednesday for the 4 to 6 pm and 6:15 to 8:15 evening shifts
- Members are expected to respect their time slots and find a substitute if unable to attend
- The Notice of Motion to “provide up to $ 2000.00 for the purchase of a suitably large TV screen and appropriate attachments for the parish hall for educational purposes” could not be actioned and is deferred to the September meeting
- Our Field Agent, Brother Stephen Henderson, handed out the pamphlet “10 Keys to Membership Recruiting Success” that he then led us through point by point
- The DD, Brother Peter Scott, spoke about the Diocesan Association’s fund raising for the new Providence Manor to be completed by 2025 on the grounds of the Sisters of Providence on Princess street. Both our Council and independently our members will be approached for pledges. Resource for the various pledge forms are found at the Archbishop J.V. Cleary Assembly website
- Following a prayer for those on the Prayer List and Good of the Order the meeting was called.
This is our new website for Council 11670. More posts will appear in good order